Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Thing #23

I almost do not know where to begin as I reflect over these 23 things. The number is actually not that grand, but what I have learned is huge. My learning curve has increased dramatically and I feel as if I have tools to play with this year that will add greater depth to my teaching. A sincere thanks to each of the captains.
  1. What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey? I really have wanted to be able to blog with students for a long time. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I intend to start this communication by throwing out questions about current events in hopes of encouraging conversation within the classes.
  2. How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals? I always tell students that it isn't a good day if you have not learned something new, even in the summer. Wow, has that been true of mine.
  3. Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you? I did not know much about wikis and I am really pleased to have this new medium for students to use with projects and group work. I'll have to write about the outcome. I feel certain that after using this format, I will make modifications. I also found Rollyo to be a potential time saver.
  4. What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept? The main problem I had was with the computer itself. Ex. the microphone and being certain the internal one was on. This particular Dell computer is new to me and I had less experience with it.
  5. If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you choose to participate? Most assuredly. I can actually use the majority of what I have learned.
  6. How would you describe your learning experience in ONE WORD or in ONE SENTENCE, so we could use your words to promote 23 Things learning activities? After many professional development sessions that the district has offered, I can say this is one of the top ones.
  7. Now go and comment on some of the other Players' blogs? Will do!


No comments: