Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Thing #22

I reviewed Teacher Thing and found it to be rather interesting. I actually prefer a site that is just for teachers when I am searching for instructional materials. This decreases the time spent "hunting". It was relatively painless to locate high school ninth grade biology worksheets, labs, etc. I did not have the same luck with more advanced items, ie., AP Biology. Perhaps this is to be expected since there are fewer teachers in this field on a nationwide basis.

One other point, is that as a long time member of this district, I have a number of "tried and true" labs that I often use; therefore, some of the ones I saw here might be more useful to beginners. I plan to mention this at our science curriculum meetings in a few weeks. This said, I often tire of using the same materials over and over. Who knows? As I continue to peruse this site, I might find something better.

No comments: