Monday, August 4, 2008

Thing #13

Social bookmarking will be a tremendous help for me. I have about 133 sites bookmarked and they are unorganized. Some are in folders, but because most of them deal with biology, finding what I want is not efficient. I looked at all of the social bookmarking sites recommended and decided to use del.icio.us.

At first, I was overwhelmed because I imported accidentally all of my bookmarks and I really want to get rid of some of them. Once I navigated through the system and figured this out I realized that I really like this system with the tagging capability.

I use various websites on the spur of the moment in class and to be able to locate a specific one quickly will be helpful. Currently, I am organizing bookmarks according to units. This will be an easy way to share them with my students, as well.

No comments: