Monday, August 4, 2008

Thing #11

One of the things that I have discovered is how I manage to get caught up in viewing each thing. It would be easy to spend many hours on each of these because each site leads to more interesting information. The Library Thing is one of these. I set up my page and added six books. I stopped there because I began to read reviews of other books. I am not sure how I navigated to the Randy Pausch site (Last Lecture), but I am glad that I did. I read a review that sent me to Carnegie Mellon and I viewed Pausch's charge to the class of 2008. How inspiring to hear again the need to seek your passion. I guess I am ready for school to start.

I want to make available books that my students may want to read or at least be aware of. I am thinking about some required reading, but have not come to a decision at this time. AP biology is very reading intensive anyway so I need to carefully consider how to approach this. Of course, I am open to suggestions or comments.


No comments: