Monday, August 4, 2008

Thing #12

Commenting on blogs is more important than I realized. I have read other blogs before, but did not reply primarily because I did not recognize the importance of it. Was I a "LURKER"? Obviously, I was. I just finished reading a post from 2006 on the Cool Cat blog about preparing for the opening of school and found it to be very interesting. I commented (yea!) and oddly enough in so doing I found that I processed in more detail what I had just read. Reflection over how to compose my comment caused me to think about the posting points, a vital part of the learning process. Interesting...... I need to remind students about my experience.

Another point that I noted was that feedback by way of comments helps the blogger to learn and perhaps enhance, modify, and/or affirm what they are practicing. I have had some concerns ab0ut releasing too much information about me. I am hoping that this is unjustified and am moving forward as though my fears are unwarranted. Hopefully, as I continue with my blog, I will see that this is unfounded.

No comments: