Monday, August 4, 2008

Thing #16

Wikis are really exciting. I think I will be able to use these frequently in both G/T Biology and AP Biology. We encourage collaboration and cooperative learning in lab work and projects. Students will enjoy a new challenge such as this and learn some great biology in the process.

One TEK that is somewhat neglected because of time constraints is career opportunities. Student lab groups could be assigned different pathways for careers in whatever concept is being covered and write a summary of what they learn. Each group could then peruse each other's work.

I set up a wiki on PBwiki and plan to use it as soon as school starts. I named it straitbiology, but did not accomplish much more. One thing is for certain , we're going to have fun with my blog and wiki!

No comments: