Monday, August 4, 2008

Thing #15

For a number of years I have recognized that the tools needed for instruction were changing dramatically. The use of technology has become an integral part of my teaching day for a number of reasons. One is that I can reach a wider range of learning styles. The other is that I can refer students to websites for information that I do not have time to address in class or for additional enrichment. As a result of this summer's professional development, I already have improved my knowledge as well. A list of web based applications (part of Web 2.0) is already one of my bookmarks.

Just as the classroom teacher has had to change teaching technique, the librarian is facing a similar scenario. I have noticed many innovations that are taking place in the library in my school. Now that I have read about Library 2.0, I recognize where many of these changes are originating.

If Library 2.0 concepts are introduced, students (many more than I teach) will have exposure to a vast amount of diverse resources that are up to the minute information in a wide variety of fields of study. Librarians will be able to direct students in their research if the libraries have the appropriate computers and network capabilities.

No comments: