Thursday, July 3, 2008

Thing #2

After reading the 7 1/2 Habits of Lifelong Learners, it is very easy to select the most difficult one and that is the last one or at least part of it. I t is always a challenge for me to find time to feel good about allowing myself time to "play". The responsibilities that I have as a wife, mother, grandmother, and teacher are sometime major tasks for me that I do willingly, but consume so much of my time. My goal is to work on efficiency and organization to allow me to schedule my time to include personal learning time.

The easiest habit will most likely be #6. I will unquestionably use the technology in class. My students are extremely literate in this area and will enjoy having the opportunity to voice their opinions about topics that we do not have time to discuss in class. In my AP class, I anticipate assigning articles to read that I would expect students to comment on. This might also be a venue for current events. Every day there are new publications with new findings in science. How exciting it will be for the students to gain an interest in relaying what they find in their locating some of the articles.

No comments: