Thursday, July 17, 2008

Thing #5


Flickr is filled with useful resources. I particularly enjoyed the information in the area named Science Commons within the Custom Commons. Exploring teh Health Commons, part of the Science Commons, provided ideas to help students recognize the importance of the web in sharing vital information for more than purchasing products. A video clip by John Wilbanks located at http://sciencecommons.org/projects/healthcommons/ explains the need for more communication within the science community. I envision students being directed to this site with the assignment to view it and follow with a comment on my blog.

I also think students would enjoy an assignment to develop a food web or food chain by using pictures found on this site.

2 comments:

bp said...

I like your idea to use the pictures for a food chain.

Teacher Mommy said...

Sorry, I was logged in with my other account!